4.19.2011

Arduino Project #2: Update (6)

Yesterday was an extremely long and ocassionally frustrating day. Things worked out in the end, but I was reminded of a very simple and basic rule/lesson about development and just work in general - take periodic breaks! I ended up getting so wrapped up in transitioning everything from the prototype to the switchboard that I made a few mistakes along the way. For one thing, I put all the analog sensor lines in backwards because the prototype setup was opposite of how I had to put it all in the switchboard box. To make matters worse, I made the simple mistake of using an incorrect power pin on the Arduino. The result - nothing functioned in the switchboard box they way it had done in the prototype!

After finally figuring out my mistakes, I rewired everything as it should have been... and voila, success! I had to make a few tweaks/considerations because of Processing, but ultimately I'm happy with the end result. I'll need to attach one of the switchboard housing panels tonight (probably one of the sides rather than the back, just in case people want to look inside to see how it's wired), but other than that - I'm done!

Everything in its new home! This was taken after I figured out the wiring/pin issues and put all the components back in place... not fun, and I should have taken more breaks during the day!

Final product - front view.

The switchboard in action. You can see the images being displayed on the laptop above and behind the unit.

Screen shot of the laptop display portion of the project.

1 comment:

  1. looks cool man - can't wait to play with it on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete