4.04.2011

Arduino Project #2: Update (1)

The other day, I completed my initial proof-of-concept test for the Arduino interactive switchboard project. Using a 1/4" instrument cable, which will serve as the switchboard cable(s), I simply wanted to verify that I could hack the inside of the instrument cable and wire up one positive end to the Arduino/breadboard and the other positive end (tip) to the jack plug - thus completing a circuit and getting a signal on the analog (0) input of the Arduino. The test was a success. With the cable disconnected from the jack, the reading was 0. Once the cable was plugged in, I got a reading that varied from 600 to 650 - which is fine as all I wanted to do was to get something other than 0.

 
The next step is to further prototype the switchboard (using a peg board panel) by connecting all four cables and input jacks. After verifying that I'm getting signals on all cables, regardless of the number and combination of cables plugged in, I'll need to map the various cable configurations over to the Processing display portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment