4.13.2011

Arduino Project #2: Update (3)

Another successful (well, mostly successful) test last night! I created a very basic mock-up of the switchboard interface, wired everything up, and then verified that all lines and jacks (for now I just tested with 3 out of the eventual 5) are generating readable signals. Other than an initial problem with some touching wires from two separate jacks, I was able to get successful readings from all three input jacks regardless of which line was plugged in (which is what I wanted).

I did have an issue with the LEDs I plan on using, but that was only because I tried wiring them up a different way (using the existing wires from the input jacks) in order to minimize the number of wires/connections inside the switchboard. I'll go back to the way I'm supposed to wire them!

The next test before the final build this weekend will be to add the other two input jacks, rewire the LEDs, and complete the interface/coding between Arduino and Processing.

It's certainly not pretty - but it works!
Front view of the prototype (with just initial three lines connected). Note: the right LED is not illuminated - it just appears that way due to the camera flash. I need to rewire the LEDs as they should be, not by trying to use the input jacks.

Back view of prototype with breadboard and Arduino showing.

Serial monitor from Arduino is successfully reading signals from all three lines. The value of 1022/1023 indicates that a line is plugged in, while a value of "0" indicates that the line is not plugged in.

No comments:

Post a Comment